Wednesday, March 25, 2009

C. Club @ Pavilion, KL

c club menu


I've always wanted to go to C. Club for a drink, since it's opening, I've heard a great deal about it.

Weeks ago I had the chance to do so, not just once, but twice.

My dining partner and I were catching up after a long break so he decided to order a whole bottle of Chardonnay from Jacob's Creek, Barossa Valley.

jacob's creek chardonnay


Fruity, crisps, slight acidic, but easy on the throat. I really like it.

wine


Halfway through we ordered two plates (one each) of Foie Gras with Scallops but found the pairing an absolutely fail. Definitely to better go with something sweeter, like Moscato late harvest or Botrytis Semillon.

foie gras scallops top view


Personally, the dish itself was divine, but I thought scallops and foie gras together are an absolutely no go. They don't go well together, never should.

One is a seafood, chewy and blant and should be pan seared to savour the freshness and texture of the white flesh; the other, rich, fatty, creamy, pan seared to be paired with dessert wine, the combination however, form a disaster.

foie gras scallops


Also, I thought the dish on the menu appeared much bigger than in real.



rating: 4/5
(overall verdict, lovely ambiance and service, love the duck confit)



The C. Club

Level 6, Pavilion Kuala Lumpur
168 Jalan Bukit Bintang, 55100 Kuala Lumpur.

Tel: 03-2141 3160

2 comments:

weekiat said...

Wow, the dish in real looks very much like the menu ... other than size, of course. In some places, real is far from menu's photo!!!

Simon Seow said...

Pop the champagne. When are you bringing me there boss?