Saturday, March 28, 2009

Leaves and Fishes @ Hunter Valley, Australia

If you're a fan of fish, ever in Hunter Valley, Australia; fancy wine and fine dining,

then Leaves and Fishes would be the place.

lunch leaves and fishes


I had my first lunch in Hunter Valley on my second day, it was only a stone throw away from where I stayed, which was a beautiful estate house named Lillians.

weird looking fork
Love the fork


The crispy salmon was a delight to have, the bed of creamy and soft mash potato was a definite plus point. :D

salmon and mash potatoes


The fresh vege was a compliment to the salmon, buttery and bathed in rich, fresh herbal olive oil.

My partner ordered the "real" fish and chips tapered with sea salt and sweet malt vinegar.

fish and chip


The boring name of the dish was a contrast to the taste of the food. The presentation was not only splendid, the classic dish won us over with its creativity and taste.


I also love the restaurant's personal touch on its deco.

stressed is desserts



rating: 4.5/5


Leaves and Fishes
737 Lovedale Rd,
Lovedale NSW Australia 2320

Email: eat@leavesandfishes.com

Tel: +61 (02) 49307400

2 comments:

Marquis_De_Sade said...

I like the whole 'stressed is desserts spelled backward thing'!

*LOL*

Min (from Leaves & Fishes) said...

Thanks for the great comments! Glad you enjoyed your lunch with us!