Monday, November 16, 2009

The Store @ Kekerengu

Whenever you make a drive down from Picton or Marlborough along the coast line toward Kaikoura or Christchurch. Be sure to make a stop at The Store.

the store at Kekerengu


Located in Kekerengu, between Blenheim town and Kaikoura.

The Store is a scenic and cozy cafe restaurant facing an ocean that runs quarter a mile a distance at the back.

the store entrance


This is where you get your local cuisine at its best in New Zealand.

backyard of the store kekerengu


the store kekerengu interior


I was brought here non-selectively but was glad that my drivers did (I was hitch-hiking down south).

fireplace


It was foggy and cold that morning and they were stopping by for a coffee break. Germans do like their coffee, other than beers.

muffins


brownies


Since I wasn't a morning person but woke up to catch the ride down anyway, I decided to have my breakfast, a meal I skipped and has been skipping every morning.

Choosing among the hot chocolates and sandwiches, I decided on a good old Egg Benedict for my brekkie.

Not a bad meal, considering that you can't really go wrong with Egg Benedict. Despite the coldness, we sat outside so the couple could enjoy their puff while I, er... bathe in freezing wetness.

egg benedict ham


Maybe one day I'd come back for a proper meal in the evening when I visit NZ again.


The Store
State Highway 1, Kekerengu
Marlborough
New Zealand

Contact: +64 (03) 575 8600




1 comment:

Tomatotree said...

Unique interior!
Love muffin~~