Saturday, January 19, 2008

La Gourmet House, The Curve

Last Christmas I went to the curve with Gerald to enjoy my night feast for the season. We popped by La Gourmet for a fancy dinner for two since we have never been to the restaurant before and we liked something new.

I ordered the Cabonara, recommended by the waitress at RM22 or so (can’t really recall the price as it was some time ago).

cabonara


It was spectacular and beyond my expectation. I enjoyed it thoroughly.

cabonara 2


The cream was rich but not too overwhelming and the spaghetti cooked to al dente. I could taste a hint of herb and olive oil which was brought out the flavour of the dish.

Gerald ordered a Homemade Pie which was alright, they seemed to have microwave the cooked pie for re-heating purposes and didn’t really do a good job.

homemade pie


However my drink was fantastic to go with my delicious meal.

green tea latte 2


Ice Green Tea Latte.

One word: Splendid.

It’s actually a lot nicer than Starbucks’ (though I still love Starbucks), sweet to a very favourable level and it costs RM8.

Will go back for more.

green tea latte


It looked pricey for a restaurant of its calibre but it really isn’t. Meals for two with drinks come up to RM62 which is reasonable comparing to most pub food you get around KL.


Rating: 4/5



La Gourmet House
Lot G-52, Ground Floor, The Curve
Jalan PJU 7/3
Mutiara Damansara
47800 Petaling Jaya
(Halal)
Tel: 03-7725 4279

2 comments:

Aaron Lee said...

Which part of the food was considered diet? lol.. joking.. nice blog you have here

Romero Carley said...

Grreat reading