Saturday, January 17, 2009

Angelic Tea & Scone House

Let me impress you with this little cafe my baby brought me.

Because it made me fall head over heels love at first sight with it.

pretty antelops


pretty teacups arrangement


golden santa


cookies

*Photos were taken before Christmas*


nice settings in angelic


It's called Angelic.

A perfect location for the perfect English afternoon tea.

pretty menu cover


It's set out for middle-upper class gents and ladies, or couples, who like to have an afternoon tea chit-chatting away in a small, comfortable, very home-y setting.

pretty menu


At RM26 you get a set of afternoon tea - tea, scone and cake. Sometimes the lady of the cafe will throw in complimentary homemade cookies for your consumption at the end of your tea.

It's really no ordinary experience.

afternoon tea set


They used Royal Albert teacups and saucers. (note: a fav of my mom's and mine)

Bone China from England, Royal Albert teacup and saucer can cost up to RM300 per set in Malaysia, much cheaper in Singapore, and much cheaper in England.

But it's not a cheap collection for those who collects bone china, like me.

The rim of the China are coated with 22k real gold.

house blend tea
Love their tea. (pic: house blend tea)


Imprinted with very delicate flower prints, the most famous print was the Old Country Rose, as shown in the photo above, of which I bought two sets and a mini milk jug for my mom's birthday (with my bro's $ :p).

Don't get my started on their scones.

scone


It's not your conventional shape of scone. But it's home-made, warm when served, and utterly gorgeous.


Rating: 4/5 (environment and services were amazing, so far only had afternoon tea set)



Angelic Tea & Scone House
H-01, Plaza Damas,
65, Jalan Sri Hartamas 1,
Taman Sri Hartamas,
50489 Kuala Lumpur.

Tel: 603 62031794

7 comments:

WP said...

Looks absolutely lovely...the scones AND the setting!

Anonymous said...

your photography is improving alot !

:)

Unknown said...

Mmm, is that clotted cream and jam? Count me in (though preferably somewhere in Devon...).

Nicole said...

wp: it's my fav place thus far!

anon: is it? or is that a sacarstic remark?

geraint: oh yea.. gimme half to one year's time. I'll be there.

cAsEY said...

This place is be-awesome!

Unknown said...

Is the shop move? Not same address
with now location

Anonymous said...

Could you please post their opening hours too? Thx.