Sunday, February 8, 2009

Max Brenner, Australia

I remember the first time I stepped into Max Brenner, it was in Singapore with my ex years ago.

max brenner in melbourne central
Max Brenner in Melbourne Central


I was overwhelmed by the fact there's actually a cafe that sold and served nothing but chocolates and chocolate related desserts and drinks. Everything about the outlet was chocolate-y,

kokoblack interior


chocolates


I was awe strucked by the list of items they have in the menu and took almost forever to decide what drink I wanted to have.

chocolate shake
Some chocolate shake


Last year I visited my fair share of Max Brenner in Australia and has tried a considerable selection of items off their menu.

big truffle
No, I didn't have this. But was tempted to!


Strangely I found my first experience years ago was much better in terms of food quality and selection.

Memory failing me these days, was this what they called the First Love Perfection?


Two of their signature drinks were the Hugmug and Suckao (a type of drink where you can adjust how chocolate rich the drink is by stirring chocolate buttons into hot milk).

max brenner hot cocoa


The Hugmug is a specially created mug where you hug your hot drink in both hands warming them in cold winter. It's a very cozy drink to have with your love ones.

hugmug


My recommendation would be the Chocolate with Crunchy Waffle Balls, prized at AUD5.50. Milk chocolate as the favorable choice.

Awesomely nice.


Of course if you do not like chocolate, you can always opt for tea.

tea at max brenner


But hey, why go to a chocolate cafe then?



Max Brenner

Melbourne - Melbourne Central
Shop OE5, Menzies Alley, Melbourne Central Shopping Centre, 300 La
Trobe Street, Melbourne VIC 3000.

Phone Number: +61 3 9662 4442

Opening Hours:
* Mon - Thurs - 8:00am - 10:00pm
* Fri - 8:00am - 12 Midnight
* Sat -10:00am - 12 Midnight
* Sun- 10:00am - 10:00pm

No comments: