Friday, May 9, 2008

Fuji, Siam Paragon

Fuji Japanese restaurant.

Don't have to go all the way to Fuji Mountain, it's not there.

Just head down to Siam Paragon in Bangkok, and you'll find it on one of the lower ground floors (the place where all the food are)

fuji green tea


Where can you find Japanese restaurant serving pork.

Woo hoo~~ Me just love the menu~~~

pork teriyaki


pork steak


I don't know, coming from Malaysia, I just find public restaurant with pork on the menu very entertaining. Call me "sua gu" la, but I can't stop smirking every time I see this.

avocado pork roll


Isn't it genius?!! Got asparagus some more~

pork asparagus roll


But anyway, that's not what I had. Though I was tempted to try them all.

However I was more tempted by these.

Raw salmon roll with fish roe and mayonese.

salmon maki


There were great, I simply loved it. I have tried a lot of Japanese sushi and handrolls (temaki) and maki, and these could be classified as good. And I hardly give compliments to Japanese food because I am always very picky.


Then there's the Kobe beef roll with vege.

kobe beef vege roll


There would have been nice if the meat was not that chewy, it's almost difficult to swallow them.

My all time favourite.

unagi roll


Unagi (eel) roll with cream cheese. God, whoever put cream cheese in Sushi and Maki are geniuses!

The fusion was just amazing. I remember Sushi Groove (in Malaysia) have their sushi stuffed with cream cheese and avocado. Yum!


And finally I ordered the Maguro (Mackerel) Don (rice) with poached egg.

I didn't expect much out of this from an ASEAN country, or any part of the world apart from Japan because the last time I had an orgasmic Maguro Don was in Japan and that had blown me completely away, changed my perception on raw fish served with rice, it was so smooth and soft that the Maguro just melted together with the rice in your mouth.

maguro don with poached egg


This was not that orgasmic but because I love yolk mixture on rice, the dish didn't actually tasted as bad as I thought it would be if it turned out that bad (from the original expectation for a real Japanese Maguro Don) for me.


So when you go to Thailand (Bangkok to be exact), don't forget to try their pork sushi and maki for me. :)

No comments: