Saturday, August 29, 2009

Bracegirdle's House of Fine Chocolate

Easily the best chocolate cafe in Adelaide.

bracegirdles


Bracegirdle's House of Fine Chocolate lives up to its name.

bracegirdles house of fine chocolate


bracegirdles\


Not exactly cheap (they did say it's FINE chocolates), but reasonable enough for Australians.

They even have a nice chocolate fountain.

chocolate fountain


But I've grown out of the chocolate craze quite a while ago, so this thing didn't excite me as much as it did years ago.

I like the interior of the cafe, not exactly quiet for the place tend to trap noise within. So if there are customers sitting around inside, you'll hear the noise.

display


It's hard not to order the first drink on the menu.

bracegirdle menu


It sounded like it's made for me.
(I should make my KISS a copyright one day)

chocolate kiss


It wasn't bad. But I much preferred Kokoblack's.

Some of the items definitely worth ordering here, like the Chocolate Waffle.

chocolate waffle


Good supper to go with.

And the Chocolate Fondue with Strawberries.

chocolate fondue and strawberries


Key item?

chocolate fondue


The rich creamy Belgian chocolate sauce that top my chart of best chocolate tasted.


Unique drink to order.

Chili Hot Chocolate (Cocoa).

chilli chocolate


Funny thing was, I didn't feel the repulse feeling after drinking it which I anticipated at first.

In fact, the drink was more decent than expected. Pretty good I would say.

It did taste like, well, chili and chocolate drink mixed together.

chilli chocolate drink with christmas tree marshmellow
Christmas Tree Marshmallow anyone?


The chocolate cake (brownie) slice was however the winner for the night.

chocolate brownie


It's been a long time since I've tasted such NICE creamy rich moist yet not too overpowering (well, it's quite rich, but you just won't get sick of it) chocolate cake/brownie.

chocolate cake slice


An A list item.



Rating: 4/5 (Food & drinks mainly)


There are three stores of Bracegirdle's in South Australia, two in Adelaide and one in McLaren Vale.

More details on location and opening times, visit this link.

2 comments:

Von said...

Delicious place to go.Shame about the chocolate fountain, a bit yesterday.

Zachary R Hill said...

This is a great post thankks