Sunday, September 23, 2012

Menya Musashi @ Isetan

Untitled
RM26

When the old wing of 1 Utama mall had a revamp and had its first Isetan store opened in the area, Menya Musashi ramen became the hype amongst the foodies.

Thus the first thing I did when I got out of my model search was to dive into the Isetan and sinked my teeth into a hot bowl of the highly-raved ramen.

I ordered the Musashi Ramen with Shiro broth (onion flavoured oil broth) consisted of two pieces of Chashu (roast pork) and half an egg. Which was a bit of a let down considering in Marutama they give a whole egg for a similarly priced bowl.

Untitled


The broth was thick rich and despite the oiliness, very delicious. The bowl was big so it's enough to share between two people. Chashu was big in servings but tougher compared to its competitor's Marutama tender roast pork slices. The egg yolk was not as runny as expected and lack in flavour for a ramen egg.

Untitled
A very 'meh' ramen egg. RM2

Untitled
RM26

We ordered another Musashi Ramen with Kuro broth (Special oil of fried shallots and garlic oil). The garlic scent in the broth was very noticeable but personally I prefer the Shiro broth.

Untitled
Musashi Ramen with Kuro broth

My favourite in the shop, ironically, was the Chashu Gohan (rice with roasted pork pieces).

Untitled
RM9

Something about the sweet sauce, the shallots, the soft perfectly cooked vinegar rice and the nicely proportioned fatty roast pork pieces made this dish my nirvana. At only RM9 it was very affordable and very delicious. I would order this for lunch everyday if it were near where I live.


Menya Musashi
Level 2, Eat Paradise
Isetan, 1-Utama
Bandar Utama City Centre
Petaling Jaya


No comments: