Thursday, September 20, 2007

Detox Week - Day 6

Okay, the reason that's keeping me from eating any sort of food is that I have been keeping myself at home like a Hermit. There's nothing you can find in this house. Nothing.

Apart from the snacks that I brought back from Thailand and Japan, not even an instant noodle pack can be found on my drawer.

Which is kinda sad. Because when hungry creeks, those snacks are the only thing I attack.

Well, at least after a week of "Detoxing", I have nothing left in the house to eat. I still crave for chocolates though.

Breakfast: 5 Cookies

Lunch: 3 Cookies

Dinner: half a plate of pesto pasta + half a regular thin crust cheesy pizza (oh did I mention that despite me declaring a Hermit, friends never fail to ask me out for a drink, dinner, lunch, or movie every DAY! So yea, I have to narrow it down to one person per meal a day)

I should really get more fruits.


On day 6, I finally manage to wheel in enough butt energy to move myself down to the gym located downstairs to try out the 8/12 regime that was suggested before.

What is the 8/12 you say? There's a link in the previous post if you want to read the full article.

But basically, it suggests that instead of doing mundane exercise over a stretch of hours, or considerable long period of time in exercise sense (2 hours is very long); one should cut down on exercising hour, but do an alternate sprinting and slow pedalling.

Means, you max out your cycling process for 8 seconds (pedal as fast as your legs can bring you) and slow down for 12 seconds, then sprint for 8 seconds again. Repeat the process for 20 minutes. And the best part, only do it three times a week.

Claims to have "Triple the fat loss in half the time" effect.

Well, it might sound easy. But god! Try it and you will know why. This regime nearly killed me. And I only did it for 13 minutes. I reached the house feeling a bit pukey.

Will make up my 7 minutes today (which maybe will stretch it to 10 minutes).

Keep your fingers crossed, I don't ask for much, just 2 kg loss at the end of the week? :D

2 comments:

Zul of Chelsea said...

hate to spoil this for you, but eating cookies is equivalent to eating a lot of rice/bread. especially if the cookies are not sugar-free cookies...The worst part is that cookies won't even make you feel full! you'll be literally starving, nicole...but still, ur exercise habit should more than make-up for the calories from the cookies! :D keep pushin'!!! :D

mike2day said...

I supposed you have done enough research on the web about weight losing. So, I am not going to bla bla bla on boasting metabolism, burning calories, good diet plan...etc.
I always believe that god paves some easy way out for every problem in life. So, with a few hypothesis in mind, I google for the fact.

(1) Do u know that reading jokes that make you rofl can burn calorie?
Answer :
No joke. Study finds that you could laugh off pounds. Read this.

Here is a joke on how to lose weight :

A blonde is terribly overweight, so her doctor puts her on a diet. "I want you to eat regularly for 2 days, then skip a day, and repeat this procedure for 2 weeks. The next time I see you, you'll have lost at least 5 pounds."
When the blonde returned, she shocked the doctor by losing nearly 20 pounds. "Why, that's amazing!" the doctor said, "Did you follow my instructions?"
The blonde nodded, "I'll tell you though, I thought I was going to drop dead that 3rd day."
"From hunger, you mean?", asked the doctor."
"No, from all that skipping."

Then, I found this joke. (must read)

(2) It is not really humorous but now, you probably wonder if it is a joke that having sex can burn energy.
Answer :
Again, no joke. Read what the expert say.

(3) Ok, it seems like anything that increase heartbeat will increase metabolism and help to cut calories. Does it mean watching scary movie will help to reduce calorie?
Answer :
Most expert says no but I found this article that suggests otherwise. (Read #2 : Watch a scary movie)

No harm watching something scary once a while, right? It will prolong your life anyway.

Well, since I have gone this far, I might as well guide you to something scary on the web.

There is scary thing in this picture. Look closer.....
Check the table, chair legs, windows ,.... keep looking. Most ppl take more than 1 minute to see "it".

Warning : this is not for the faint-hearted.... :P

Good night.

~~~Soniye...Hiriye~~~