Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Ciao Ristorante @ Off Jalan Tun Razak

Ciao Italian Restaurant

Visited Ciao Ristorante for dinner during my imprisonment at the model search, it was one of those nights that we had off, rare nights those were.

Ciao claims to serve authentic Italian food in KL and said to be the oldest Italian restaurant in KL.

Ciao Italian Restaurant

Which was a surprising fact for me since it was my first visit to Ciao; but upon arrival I was taken in by the no-pretense ambiance here. It's tastefully furnished and decorated that it provides its patrons a relaxed no fuss semi fine-dining experience. One could come here in T-shirts or an evening gown and would fit right in immediately.

Ciao Italian Restaurant

We ordered two dishes, one was a spinach ravioli Ravioli di Spinaci alla Caruso which my dining partner swore by. Generous amount of buffalo mozzarella with eggplant, basil pesto and tomato cooked with spinach and ricotta-filled freshly made ravioli.

Ciao Italian Restaurant

Honestly, I haven't had good ravioli for a long time and Ciao did this really well. It was cooked perfectly, not al dente as I usually find that too 'raw' for my liking, this was cooked slightly longer that gave off a softer texture. just my style, and I had a knack that they've fine-tuned the recipe to suit Malaysian taste after all these years of operating. No complains there.

I had the seafood platter Grigliata di Pesce that came with whole lots of salad, very fresh and very healthy, just what I needed as I was watching my weight.

Ciao Italian Restaurant

It was surprisingly fresh seafood to be served in an Italian restaurant that's not operating by a coast.

We also ordered a side dish of fried calamari, fried to perfection and rather fresh squid, which was a joy to have.

Ciao Italian Restaurant

And ended it with a molten lava chocolate cake for dessert.

Ciao Italian Restaurant

Ciao Italian Restaurant

It was a simple typical dessert and they perfected the recipe. I was more blown away by the rich creamy homemade vanilla ice cream on meringue while my dining partner declared he absolutely loved the molten lava cake.

Ciao Italian Restaurant

Food here are not fancy, but they're good. And very reasonably priced at 20-40 per dish on average. My platter was at a higher range of RM62, which was still reasonable for a dish with king prawns and scallops.


Ciao Ristorante
No. 20A, Jalan Kampung Pandan,
off Jalan Tun Razak,
55100, Kuala Lumpur

Mon - Fri : 12.00 pm to 02.30 pm (Lunch), 06.00 pm to 11.00 pm (Dinner)
Sat - Sun : 06.00 pm to 11.00 pm (Dinner only)
Tel : 603-9285 4827
URL : www.ciao.com.my


No comments: