Friday, October 19, 2012

My Elephant Thai Restaurant @ Hartamas

my elephant thai restaurant

Decided to have something spicy one night and ended up in My Elephant in Sri Hartamas at 930pm. Great thing was that they opened till 10pm that night (called to check) and it was one of the few proper sit-in restaurants that's opened so late.

Between the two of us, we ordered a seafood tom yum gung, BBQ chicken with lemon grass and some tomato based fried tofu.

my elephant thai restaurant
The tom yum soup was a bowl big enough to share among four people. Or two spicy-loving people with no other dishes.

We couldn't handle our spicy food well so this was a challenge despite ordering it 'mild'. Credits to the freshness of their seafood and well booked it is in the soup.

my elephant thai restaurant

my elephant thai restaurant

Most of their food are heavily herb-ed so one might get the illusion of a big servings; in truth the food are politely portioned so feel free to order more varieties even if you come in a small group of two.

my elephant thai restaurant

my elephant thai restaurant
My Elephant only serves brown rice for their patrons. It makes you feel a little (just a little) better about having a healthier choice for food.

We were panting from spiciness by the end of the meal and I had to take-away the leftover tom yum so I could dilute it and recook the next day for lunch (nothing beats left-over food seriously). The bill came up to about RM80+ for both of us which was very reasonable.

I would recommend this restaurant for Thai (or spicy) food lovers.

my elephant thai restaurant

My Elephant Thai Restaurant
20-2 Jalan Sri Hartamas 8
Taman Sri Hartamas
50480 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: +603 6201 0649

Section 17 branch: 
Block C-G4 Happy Mansion
Jalan 17/13 Section 17
46400 Selangor.
Tel: +6010 220 1283
website: http://www.myelephant.com.my/


2 comments:

Joey Mcbride said...

Wow! That soup just looks so good! I bet it’ll be the best comfort food on a cold rainy day. I would also advise people who have a cold to try sipping a hot and delicious soup like this. This is because inhaling the steam from the soup can help decongest your nose.

Anonymous said...

视讯主播排行榜 , 美女视讯直播 , 韩国视讯聊天室 , 一对一聊天室 , 日本视讯聊天 , 秀女聊天室 , 视频表演聊天室 , 台湾视讯ut , 台湾视讯聊天室破解 , 成人视频