Monday, October 1, 2012

Tomato Juice Tastes Nicer in the Sky


A research German airline Lufthansa showed that people prefer tomato juice more when they fly than they would on ground.


Reason to this is that our sense of taste varies with pressure. In higher altitude where there's lower pressure, tomato juice taste sweeter than in normal ground pressure.

No wonder tomato juice tasted sweeter the last time I visited England than the musky taste here in Malaysia.

The next time I fly, I'm going to order myself a glass of tomato juice.

Article Source.

1 comment:

WP said...

Hmm...interesting. I've had tomato juice in a plane before (probably Lufthansa, actually), but it was mainly because I had heard somewhere that it could help with motion sickness. And it tasted pretty good. (now I know why! :P )