Friday, February 22, 2008

Making Pineapple Tarts

Every year, my third aunt will make us the biggest bite-size pineapple tarts to share among our families during CNY. It’s a family tradition, and Melaka’s signature food.

This CNY, she brought the utensils and showed us how to make them.

paste


Making the dough was hard work, but the rest of the process was fun.

process of pineapple tarts


Use a shape cutter to make sure all your pineapple tarts are equally shaped.

shape cutting


Put sweetened chunks of pineapples on top, one tablespoonful each.

pineapple paste on dough


Then use a zigzag twizzer to mould the side into shape. It doesn’t matter if it doesn’t look professional, it’s homemade tarts afterall.

moulding the border


Put them on your oven tray and preheat the oven to 180º (I think).

pineapple tart before bake


10 minutes and wha la~

pineapple tarts


Your homemade fresh and hot pineapple tarts!

Crispy, crunchy, heavenly!

I helped too. Able to guess which is mine?

Nicole pineapple tart


I like to stand out. Sue me.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

love pineapples tarts. ok, just get rid of the pastry and let me at the pineapple jam....yum

Nicole said...

haha, then we should have tarts together, cause I only like the pastry. :p

Simon Seow said...

I can just smelled pineapple from the screen. Nothing beats homemade pastry.

Rowena said...

No fair...there should be a recipe with this! They are GORGEOUS little tarts to wow a crowd!!

Can't you convince your aunt to share the recipe? pleeeease???